Monday, April 18, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Today is my last night at Cedar Rapids with Chris and Aileen. It's been fun, but I feel it's really time for us to go. It's official, my gallbladder is out. It's has been a week today since I have had my gallbladder out and let me tell you, I am reminded of it each and everyday. Lately I have been reminded for the past few days. Everything that I have eaten tells me that I don't have my gallbladder. I feel like everything that I have eaten I can't eat anymore. Yesterday we ate Taco Salad and that went through me and today we had Lasagna and I am almost positive that I will be going to the bathroom pretty soon. What in the world can I eat?! I am going to have to mention this to the doctor's this Friday when I have my post-operation check up. I really hate this feeling because it looks like I will be restricted to just soups and that's all. Or if I want to eat what I really want to eat, I will have to take some sort of medication to prevent me from going to the bathroom after I am done eating.
I have been warned that this may happen, but I didn't think that this will happen this quickly. It's quite depressing let me tell you. What a good way to lose weight, right? NOT! I just hope this process (watching what I am eating and seeing what my tummy can tolerate) doesn't get me down in the dumps because I have already cried about it and I don't want to do it here because they (Chris, Aileen, and James) would think that there's something wrong with my stomach (like I am in pain after surgery) and would want me to take something for it. I am going to sign off now. Have a good night everyone and God bless! Oh and by the way, who ever reads this, please pray for me. Thanks!

No comments: